We are UNITED in fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive community.
Please Join Us for a Community Conversation about Race and Equity
Every person brings unique strengths and perspectives to the social fabric of our community. Add your voice to an engaging and informal “kitchen table” conversation with friends and neighbors. Come and speak honestly and freely about your hopes, concerns, and opinions.
We know that conversations about race can be difficult. However, they're vitally important if we're to move forward together.
We just want to listen.
By understanding the aspirations and challenges identified through these conversations regarding race, equity, and inclusion, we can develop long-lasting solutions with community partners.
- Get to know their neighbors through a civil discussion about race and equity.
- Find a safe environment to come together and talk about how they want their community to move forward.
- Enjoy groups of community members, friends, or family that would like to have a Community Conversation.
- Understand the context of people’s lives.
- Root our work and decisions in what matters to people.
- Identify key issues of concern in our community’s own words.
- Uncover and grow a sense of common purpose for action in the community.
- Set realistic goals for moving ahead and making a change.
- Make our work more relevant and more impactful within the community.
It is imperative to our work as a community impact organization that we have a deep and thorough understanding of the issue and challenges we face as a community. These inequities ultimately carry a cost and hold us back as a community. We cannot create long-term systemic change without considering racial inequity and its impact on health, education, and financial stability of residents of color and our community as a whole.