Please Join Us for a Community Conversation
Add your voice to an engaging and informal “kitchen table” conversation with friends and neighbors. Come and speak honestly and freely about your hopes, concerns, and opinions about our community.
We just want to listen.
We’re looking for people who want to:
- Get to know their neighbors through civil discussion.
- Find a safe environment to come together and talk about how they want their community to move forward.
- Enjoy groups of community members, friends, or family that would like to have a Community Conversation.
The typical conversation has 8-15 people and lasts anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 hours. The conversation is guided by a trained moderator using a discussion guide.
For United Way it helps us:
- Understand the context of people’s lives.
- Root our work and decisions in what matters to people.
- Identify key issues of concern in our community’s own words.
- Uncover and grow a sense of common purpose for action in the community.
- Set realistic goals for moving ahead and making a change.
- Make our work more relevant and more impactful within the community.
While we can’t promise that any new projects or programs will emerge from these conversations, we will get back to you to share what we learned and how it can help make our work in the community more effective
If you are interested in putting together a group of people for a conversation or would like to participate in one please complete the form below or contact us at 765-608-3067.